Living Faith Remains The Gold Standard of a Righteous Life
1. "…The longing of my heart and my prayer to God is for the people of Israel, [Galatians 3:29 | Acts 7:2], to be saved. I know what enthusiasm they have for God, but it is misdirected zeal. For they don’t understand God’s way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God’s way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law" (Romans 10:1-3, NLT).
2. "…The people of Israel, who tried so hard to get right with God by keeping the law, NEVER succeeded. Why not? Because they were trying to get right with God by keeping the law instead of by trusting in Him…"(Romans 9:31-32, NLT). "…Knowing Christ Jesus…, I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with Him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with Himself depends on faith” (Philippians 3:9, NLT). “We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ... no matter who we are" (Romans 3:22, NLT). "…A person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law" (Galatians 2:16, NLT).
3. "...You are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:26, NLT). "[Your] old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer [you] who live, but Christ lives in [you]. So [you] live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God…" (Galatians 2:20, NLT). "God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made [Christ] to be wisdom itself. [More importantly], Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin"(1 Corinthians 1:30, NLT) so we can obey His command to "…not let sin control the way [we] live…; …instead, [we can] give [ourselves] completely to God… [that our] whole body [can be] as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God, …[because we] live under the freedom of God’s grace" (Romans 6:12-14, NLT).
4. "Every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith" (1 John 5:4, NLT), which God gave us (Romans 12:3). "As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 1:3, NLT); "[who] personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right…" (1 Peter 2:24, NLT). "…Your faith has healed you. Go in peace" (Luke 8:48, TLB). "…Walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7)! "...If you had faith even as small as a tiny mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move!' And it would go far away. Nothing would be impossible" (Matthew 17:20, TLB). "...Have faith in God" (Mark 11:22, NLT).
5. "...The Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would declare the Gentiles to be righteous because of their faith. God proclaimed this good news to Abraham long ago when He said, 'All nations will be blessed through you. So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith'" (Galatians 3:8-9, NLT). "...Abraham never doubted. He believed God, for his faith and trust grew even stronger, and he praised God for this blessing even before it happened" (Romans 4:20, TLB). "...Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing" (Romans 4:17, NLT). Abraham's faith stood "...firmly upon God, not on man's great ideas" (1 Corinthians 2:4-5, TLB).
6. "...Where is your faith" (Luke 8:25)? "...God has alloted to each a measure of faith" (Romans 12:3, NASB). Like Abraham, "...the life which [we] now live in the flesh, [we also must] live by faith in the Son of God, who loved [us] and gave Himself up for [us]" (Galatians 2:20, NASB). This is imperative because the way of faith is God's way and it is the means by which God says: "..I will rescue you from both your own people and the Gentiles. Yes, I am sending you to the Gentiles to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God's people, who are set apart by faith in Me" (Acts 26:17-18, NLT). God will use you for His service only if you have faith in Him and is faithful to your calling (Nehemiah 7:1-2, NASB, NLT).
Bro. Graham F. Watts, Sr.